xml-general mailing list archives

From David_Mars...@lotus.com
Subject RE: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:50:24 GMT

Curt Arnold wrote:
>Conformance testing should be done at a arms length from parser
development.
>Ideally a conformance testing harness should be able to run all the major
>parsers on a specific platform and work through generic interfaces.

OASIS is working on something like this. The OASIS test system is intended
to be taken by a "test lab" that can evaluate the conformance of one or
more XSLT processors.

>David Brownell and I started the XML conformance project on SourceForge...

OASIS has already issued a conformance test suite for XML. On this list, we
can discuss whether it's being used or could be used to test Xerces.
.................David Marston