xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: Volunteers: First - cut - Deadline 2nd of March
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:59:43 GMT

1. Kelly A. Campbell

2. Committer on FOP. I'm also the lead developer on the Merlot XML editor
(www.merlotxml.org) which is not an Apache project, but is released under a
similar license. I also use a good amount of the Apache projects, XML,
Jakarta, and otherwise, and have submitted bug reports and patches for the
projects I use.

3. I work with XML and Java technologies for ChannelPoint, Inc. The spectrum
of how I use it ranges from producing basic documentation via XML/XSLT/XSLFO
up to full web applications and frameworks.

4. I'm interested in most aspects of XML, XSLT, and XSL FO, from development
to a user's standpoint. I have 4 years Java experience, and almost 2 years
of experience with XML and XSL. I'm interested in the interactions between
our projects and the build processes Sam Ruby is working on with Gump. I
would like to work towards standardization of runtime linking and deployment
of java projects (using XML, Ant, and some of the Gump work)... sort of like
a gnu autoconf/linker for Java. I'm also very interested in helping
standardize how Apache projects test their code, either via JUnit, or
another tool as Scott Boag suggested on this list a while back.

Another thing I would like to promote as XML projects is UI tools for
working with XML, XSL, etc. As a part of this, a donation of the merlot xml
editor might be possible, though it would require approval from my company.
I can't promise anything in this regard right now, but I wanted to at least
put it on the table.

-Kelly