xml-general mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:42:38 GMT
on 2/12/01 12:38 PM, "Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com" <Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com>
wrote:

> ----
> "Why didn't I start working with JUnit instead of creating our own testing
> environment?"
> ----

No. My statement really is:

----
Why don't you look to see if you can work with the JUnit community to extend
JUnit to do what you want.
----

You are missing the important word there: "community".

The point being, yet again I repeat myself, instead of creating yet another
project to do Unit testing, why don't you work with the JUnit community to
extend it to do what you want.

In your email you say:

"Overall, JUnit feels very small scale"

My response is:

Why don't you work with the JUnit people so that it doesn't feel very small
scale?

Again: don't create yet another project because the other one doesn't fit
your needs today. Work with existing projects to make them fit your needs.
If they don't want you or the license is incompatible, then that is an
acceptable reason to fork.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous