xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arn...@hyprotech.com>
Subject RE: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:22:29 GMT
In general, the OASIS conformance projects has focused on developing the test definitions,
not the harnesses that actually execute the tests.

The SourceForge project started with David Brownell donating the harness that he used to produce
his series of XML conformance reports for xml.com.  The XML Conf project was intended to compliment
the
efforts of both OASIS and NIST and was started with the knowledge of some key participants
in the OASIS	efforts.

In addition, to the harness for the OASIS test suite.  We have hacked the NIST DOM ECMAScript
conformance suite which was originally written to test MSXML to be able to test both Xerces-COM
and Adobe
SVGViewer.

Though we did write some tests for the April 2000 Draft of XML Schema, the main focus has
been on providing harnesses to execute tests defined by OASIS and extending the NIST DOM tests
for other
implementations.

Keeping the harnesses up to date and extending them to other languages and platforms seems
best suited to be done outside of the official efforts of OASIS and NIST.

If anyone wants a home for XML related test projects that are not Apache-specific, you are
more than welcome to camp out at XML Conf.