xml-general mailing list archives

From Richard Toren <Rich...@Netprox.com>
Subject RE: Text output from xalan
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:28:47 GMT
Hi,
   Now it seems to work reasonably well with output like this:
  <H1>Firmenname</H1>
  Firmenzusatz Anrede Vorname Nachname Position
  <h4 />
  Strasse Nummer Land PLZ Ort Postfach Land PLZ Ort Postfach
  <H4>Kommunikation:</H4>
  0000 445566 0000 4456789 email www

I used the SimpleTransform.java from the examples with xalan-j_2_0_0 and
xerces-1_2_1

I guess the lesson is to have various implementations handy to test against.
Good luck

Richard
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Teege [mailto:matthias@mteege.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 2:32 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Text output from xalan

Richard Toren <Richard@Netprox.com> writes:

> I think, but I'm not sure that xml-spy is using msxml 3.0 (and the output
is
> the same).  Using the SimpleTransform example from the xalan-j_2_0_0 is
all
> wrong.  My first guess would be to check to see if my is the result of not
> having a dtd (although I removed that reference).  Didn't someone mention
> problem with xerces?  I checked the file with an identity transformation

Hmm, if I change the output method to "ASCII" no line
wrapping take place (thats good) but the spaces still stay
on.

I'm using xalan from the command line with this
"script"

-- schnipp --
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin/java -classpath
"/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib/java/lang:/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib:/usr/local/home/m
atthias/xml/xalan-j_1_2_2/xalan.jar:/usr/local/home/matthias/xml/xalan-j_1_2
_2/xerces.jar" org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN adresse.leer.xml -XSL
adr2brief.xsl
-- schnapp --

Here is the DTD:

-- schnipp --
<!ELEMENT adresse ((firma | person), anschrift, kommunikation*)>

<!ELEMENT firma         (firmenname, firmenzusatz?, kontakt?)>
<!ELEMENT firmenname    (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT firmenzusatz  (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT person        (anrede, titel?, vorname?, nachname)>
<!ELEMENT anrede        (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT titel         (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT vorname       (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT nachname      (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT kontakt       (person, position)>
<!ELEMENT position      (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT anschrift     (haus, post?)>
<!ELEMENT haus          (strasse, ort)>
<!ELEMENT post          ((strasse | postfach), ort)>
<!ELEMENT postfach      (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT strasse       (strassenname, hausnummer)>
<!ELEMENT strassenname  (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT hausnummer    (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT ort           (land, plz, ortsname)>
<!ELEMENT land          (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT plz           (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT ortsname      (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT kommunikation ( (fon | www | email)* )>
<!ELEMENT fon           (vorwahl, nummer, durchwahl?)>
<!ELEMENT vorwahl       (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT nummer        (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT durchwahl     (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT www           (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT email         (#PCDATA)>

<!ATTLIST fon       typ (telefon | telefax | mobil) #REQUIRED >

-- schnapp --
--
Matthias Teege -- matthias@mteege.de -- http://emugs.de
make world not war