xml-general mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First - cut - Deadline 2nd of March
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:32:39 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> I do, however, have two requests of the xml-fop team.
>
> 1) Would it be possible to move towards replacing the w3c.jar with
> xml-batik?

The answer is: when there is a replacement available that can do as much
as the current code.

I have got it all compiling using the dom (and other utils) from batik.
The rendering is able to work by reading and rendering the dom.

The only problem is that the batik dom has many unimplemented features
which means that no svg can be rendered (often throws RuntimeExceptions
or parse exceptions).

So until either the dom does more or there is a suitable implemented
alternative it will remain how it is.