xml-general mailing list archives

From Kimbro Staken <ksta...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:54:03 GMT
Hello,

This is something that I would be interested in. I'm not someone who has
been particularly active with Apache XML projects but that is mainly
because I am active with the development of dbXML which is an Open
Source native XML database. The dbXML project makes extensive use of ASF
developed technologies including Xalan J, Xerces J, SOAP and Cocoon
among others. Because of this and the significant boost that these
technologies have given to the dbXML project it is my desire to find a
way that I can help with the efforts of the Apache XML projects.
Assisting on the PMC may be a good way for this to occur.

For a little about me since I'm probably unknown to most, I am currently
employed as Chief Technology Officer for The dbXML Group which is the
company funding the dbXML project. I am also one of the founders of and
sit on the PMC for the XML:DB initiative. http://www.xmldb.org XML:DB is
working on XML database interoperability specifications and reference
implementations using a model heavily inspired by that of the ASF.
Overall I consider myself an XML technologist and am very interested in
open source development and improving the process associated with it.

Hopefully my participation is welcome and I can profitably contribute.

Thanks

--
Kimbro Staken
Chief Technology Officer