xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: xml.apache.org & Crimson
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 22:58:11 GMT
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> On 2/7/01 10:59 AM, "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > I didn't realize the xml.apache.org home page was changed to add a
> > reference to Crimson. Don't worry, I do not intend to reopen the issue
> > of whether it's a good thing or not to have that. But I'm not happy with
> > the description: 'Crimson - A small-footprint Java XML parser.' I don't
> > want to start a discussion on whether this is an accurate description
> > either. But I request that we adopt a more neutral description, leaving
> > to users to figure out what it's good for.
> >
> > I'm not sure who's in charge of that page...
> > Thank you.
>
> I reply to webmaster@xml.apache.org, soooooo... I believe it's me you're
> talking about (or Edwin, who actually "typed" those pages)...

Actually the phrase that is in question was not authored by me, so I am
OK with it being changed.  The pages I authored are in the
"xml-site/sources/crimson" subdirectory.

> We could call it "Crimson - The official parser of the Java Platform shipped
> with the 1.1 reference implementation of JSR-063 (JAXP)"... :)

OK but it seems too long.  How about:

Crimson - A Java XML parser derived from the Sun Project X parser

or

Crimson - An alternate Java XML parser

There is also a section farther down that uses the same phrase so you
may want to change that also.

-Edwin