xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@merlot.channelpoint.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First - cut - Deadline 2nd of March
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:31:51 GMT
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:10:04PM -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:

> 1) Would it be possible to move towards replacing the w3c.jar with
> xml-batik?

I know it's been discussed, but I don't remember what the specifics
are. On a related thought, why doesn't apache.org provide mailing list
archives and searchability of those?

> 2) Version 1 of xml-cocoon is still in active development, but is stuck on
> a backlevel version of xml-fop due to an incompatible change.  Any
> suggestions on how to resolve this?  For reference, the issue is the last
> error you see at:
>
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-02-22/xml-cocoon.html

Ahh, that's a simple fix. We had to swap out Writer for OutputStream
because of the binary nature of output formats such as PDF. Unfortunately,
there's not way to get an outputstream from a writer, so we couldn't
nicely deprecate that and maintain functionality. Cocoon just needs to
call setOutputStream there and pass the servlet response outputstream. I
thought they had already fixed that, but I guess not.

An overhaul to our Driver class is on my todo list. I will make sure it
doesn't break anything major since so many projects call into it like
that.

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<camk@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.