xml-general mailing list archives

From Harald Hett <h.h...@gis-systemhaus.de>
Subject [Xalan] OutOfMemoryException by using the document()-function
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:01:56 GMT
Hello List!
I've got a problem using Xalan-j with a large amount of data, that is
spread over a central document like
		<include file="subdoc1.xml"/>
		<include file="subdoc2.xml"/>
		<include file="subdocN.xml"/>

and a number of sub-documents, that are referenced by the

Now I tried to analyze this by writing a simple stylesheet, that only
does the
includes and nothing else (i.e. no output at all):

	<xsl:stylesheet ...>
		<xsl:template match="/">
			<xsl:apply-templates select="*" mode="include"/>

		<xsl:template match="include" mode="include">
			<xsl:apply-templates select="document("subdocument.xml",.)"

		<xsl:template match="*" mode="include">
			<!-- do nothing -->

Doing so, xalan must be able to parse through a big number of
without running out of memory, I thought.
But as I let xalan process it, the memory was not freed after each
include and so after a certain number of sub-documents xalan stops with

Has anyone a guess?

Harald Hett <h.hett@gis-systemhaus.de>

View raw message