xml-general mailing list archives

From David.Ch...@USPTO.GOV
Subject garbage collected XercesLib
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:03:15 GMT
	Hi

	I have heard that Apache (at least for Linux version)
uses Boehm's garbage collector.  I am therefore wondering
if modifying XercesLib so that it uses Boehm's garbage
collector to manage memory might be useful,
for tighter integration of XercesLib with Apache.

	Does anyone know if garbage collector-using
 XercesLib would indeed be useful?  And if so, does
anyone know how to submit this as a project proposal to
Apache org?

	(As I am genuinely interested in doing the port).

	I will be grateful for any information/comments