xml-general mailing list archives

From Dmitri Romanovski <Dmitri.Romanov...@wisoftware.de>
Subject Re: xalan 2.0 performance!!!
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:20:41 GMT
Hi, Scott,

thank you very much for your answer. We found one solution with help from
Gerd Mueller avoiding "//something" paths in stylesheets. This had improved
the performance significantly. The stuff with "oversynchronisation" is very
simple. I've tried to debug Xalan with JSwat and saw some strange effects.
After I've installed the newest version of JSwat these effects were
dissapeared.

The performance degradation with DOM Source is still there, but for our
application it is not very critical because we use small DOM trees. For the
future howewer it can become very important. If I can help you in some way,
tell me. I will be able to do that from May.

Regards, Dmitri.