xml-general mailing list archives

From aazz <...@leopard.com>
Subject xerces 1.1.1 -> 1.3.0 probs
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:52:02 GMT
Hi,
We have an app that has been running fine on Xerces 1.1.1 and we just
replaed our jar with Xerces 1.3.0. Everything compiles fine, but now
when we parse any of our XML files like the sample below, the parser throws a
null pointer exception. It appears to be around our use of ENTITY references.
Note the file noted in the SYSTEM ref does exist  and the XML in it is fine and
can be parsed on its own a-ok. Any Ideas? This works in 1.1.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE  TEST_DOC [
  <!ENTITY test_xml SYSTEM "/tmp/test.xml">
  <!ENTITY test2_xml SYSTEM "/tmp/test2.xml">
]>

<TEST_DOC>
 &test_xml;
 &test2_xml;