xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:10:39 GMT
Hi, Sam

Don't mind at all (FOP being the poster child, I mean). I took a gander and
damned if I can reproduce the docs build failure...we don't have a FAQ document
and the current build.xml makes no reference to one at all. However, as late as
FOP 0.16.0 the build.xml "docs" target _does_ make reference to a FAQ file. I
can only assume that there was a period of time where the FAQ got removed but
the build.xml didn't reflect the change. And that was when your system updated
from CVS.

I'm guilty of what the real cause is here...not running an absolute complete
build when the distribution changes. There is a tendency to only check the
compile stage.

Wrt "stuff": yes, definitely. If the majority of committers want a thing in a
certain place then that is where it should go. As a single committer my "wants"
are to see codebases like Ant and jakarta-regexp in a location that indicates
that they are GP things. Particularly if we add _more_ GP stuff, i.e. testing
stuff, then maybe that now makes sense. That's just my opinion at the
moment...I won't lose sleep if it all stays in Jakarta, except that I'm
wondering if it's desirable for GP testing code or build tool code to reside in
Jakarta when maybe XML project people want a strong say in those things also,
no less so than Jakarta. How would that work?

Regards,
Arved