xml-general mailing list archives

From "Dane Foster" <dfos...@equitytg.com>
Subject Re: Parsing XML Streams
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:59:19 GMT
Parsing XML StreamsBuffer the stream.

ex: parser.parse( new InputSource( new BufferedInputStream( socket.getInputStream() ) ) );

Dane Foster
Equity Technology Group, Inc
http://www.equitytg.com.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Njaka, Chikeobi
  To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 1:24 PM
  Subject: Parsing XML Streams

  Hi!,
  I have an application that produces data in XML format. Clients can connect using TCP/IP
and once connected, the DTD is sent, followed by well formed and valid (except for the last
closing tag) XML data as it is generated. I have tried using the following code:

      try {
        Parser parser;
        //
        SAXParserFactory spf = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
        String validation = System.getProperty("javax.xml.parsers.validation","true");
        if (validation.equalsIgnoreCase("true")) spf.setValidating(true);
        //
        SAXParser sp = spf.newSAXParser();
        parser = sp.getParser();
        //
        XMLParser xmlParser = new XMLParser(this.xmlData);
        parser.setDocumentHandler(xmlParser);
        parser.setErrorHandler(xmlParser);
        //
        parser.parse(new InputSource(socket.getInputStream()));
      } catch (SAXParseException e) {
        System.out.println("***ERROR*** Parsing Error " + " , line " + e.getLineNumber() +

        ", uri " + e.getSystemId());
        System.out.println("  " + e.getMessage());
        System.exit(1);
      } catch (SAXException se) {
        Exception x = se;
        if (se.getException() != null) {
          x = se.getException();
          x.printStackTrace();
        }
        System.exit(1);
      } catch (Throwable t) {
        t.printStackTrace();
        System.exit(1);
      }

  While the startDocument event is triggered, nothing else happens. I have checked and indeed,
the data stream is coming through.

  Help anyone?

  Chikeobi Otuokere Njaka
  cnjaka@ndsamericas.com