I am trying to write a schema that will validate this line of xml:

        <MyElement myatt="foo">mytext</MyElement>

Generally, doing this validation is not a big deal with schema code that looks something like this:

<element name="MyElement" type="ns:MyElementType"/>
<complexType name="MyElementType" content="textOnly">
  <attribute name="myatt" type="string" use="optional"/>
</complexType>

However, in addition to this validation, I also want to check to make sure that the text of the element ("mytext") is not longer than 6 chars...has anyone done this with Xerces parser?