xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Failed to process style sheet
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:57:31 GMT

The code to build a stylesheet from a DOM is located here in
XSLTEngineImpl::processStylesheet().  Look for a class called
FormatterTreeWalker, which walks the DOM and fires events to our
StylesheetHandler.

If you're not using a debugger, some simple printf statements would
probably help figure out where things are going wrong.  If expat supports
namespaces, you'll need to turn off namespace processing for the stylesheet
document, since our handler expects the element names to be xsl:stylesheet,
etc.

Dave

                    "Lyle Coder"

                    <x_coder@hotm        To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    ail.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: Failed to process style sheet

                    01/03/2001

                    11:07 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Hi,
Yes, I have my own code (written to the Xalan API).  I made it look exactly
like the SimpleTransform example in the Xalan package.

Except, instead of using a file name as the XSLTInputSource, I am
instantiating XSLTImputSource with a XalanNode object.  I create this
object
by parsing the XML and XSL files using James Clarks expat.

That was all there is to the input message, any pointers on seeing where
things are failing?  It says failed to process stylesheet, could that mean
that my DOM is constructed wrong? It seems ok to me...

Thanks
Lyle