xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: XALAN & TOMCAT
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:08:50 GMT
That's probably a good guess.  Both Xerces and Xalan ship sets of both the
org.w3c.dom classes and the javax.xml.* classes, and they both usually
expect to see their versions of DOM or JAXP classes.  I wouldn't be
surprised that any jaxp.jar or xml.jar that you have or that might come
with Tomcat might be out of sync and would cause problems.

For Xalan purposes, we often suggest putting Xalan and Xerces first in the
classpath, which you can also try (sorry, I know, it's a somewhat
self-centered suggestion 8-)

(Note: I don't have a tomcat machine on my desk, so I haven't tested this)

- Shane