xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: TransformerFactory - Applet case
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:56:36 GMT
This is due to user.dir being outside the sandbox for untrusted Applets; in
most cases, unless the caller has setup some security stuff, this will
throw a SecurityException, if I recall correctly.

Scott agrees: we'll simply wrap this with try...catch, and default the
value in this case.  In the future we might want to better define the
behavior for applets that do have trusted security permissions (i.e. do we
necessarily want to set the baseID like this in that case).  I'll check
that in now.

---- you Ahmad Morad <morad@db.informatik.uni-kassel.de> wrote:----
> I tried to look into the code and I think the code produces the error is
> within the TranformFactoryImpl.newTemplates() metgod while calling
>   String currentDir = System.getProperty("user.dir");

- Shane