xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: C Software; Java XML Tools
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:52:15 GMT

We are preparing a set of C APIs for Xalan-C++ for our next release.  I'm
not sure whether or not Xerces has any C APIs, but they do have a COM
interface, if you're interested only in Win32.

Dave

                    "Howe, Peter"

                    <Peter.HOWE@pr        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    imark.com>            cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     C Software; Java XML Tools

                    01/25/2001

                    04:17 AM

                    Please respond

                    to general

Because we want to implement XML on several platforms (Unix, NT and
OpenVMS)
it looks like the Java version of Xerces/Xalan is appropriate.  But our
products are all written in C.  Is it possible for C code to use the Java
APIs provided by Xerces/Xalan?

- Pete

This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and are confidential and may be legally
privileged.  Access by any other party is unauthorised without the express
prior written permission of the sender.  If you have received this e-mail
in error you may not copy, disclose to any third party or use the contents,
attachments or information in any way.  Please destroy it and contact the
sender via the Thomson Financial switchboard on (44) 207 369 7000 or via
e-mail return.  Internet communications are not secure unless protected
using strong cryptography.  This e-mail has been prepared using information
believed by the author to be reliable and accurate, but Thomson Financial
does not accept responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy or completeness
of the information provided or for any changes to this e-mail, howsoever
made, after it was sent.  [The content of this e-mail and files transmitted
with it is  (c) TFSL - 2000]