xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: XalanText::substringData() BUG?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:22:29 GMT

Then you should post a documentation bug to the Xerces-C list.  The DOM
recommendation is very clear on this, and the code is throwing a
INDEX_SIZE_ERR exception because the second index is out of range.

By the way, this is _not_ a topic for the general list.

Dave

                    "Lyle Coder"

                    <x_coder@hotm        To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    ail.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: XalanText::substringData() BUG?

                    01/06/2001

                    08:01 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Hi David,
In the API docs, I see: "If the sum of offset and count exceeds the length,
then all characters to the end of the data are returned"  Calling
substringData(0, 1024) seems legal to me on an empty string (0 legnth
string).

Thanks
Lyle