xml-general mailing list archives

From Donald_Les...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Xalan !!
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:13:01 GMT

When I run Xalan-J 2 SimpleTransform as you suggest (java SimpleTransform
>out.html), the transformation result still appears where SimpleTransform
puts it, in birds.out. When I run your Javascript (with or without the
redirection to out.html) I get nothing, but then maybe the Netscape
privileges you are enabling don't include writing a file? Sorry, but I'm
not sure what you are trying to do.  -- Don Leslie

Seetharam Misro <smisro@solidworks.com> on 01/09/2001 11:31:40 AM

Please respond to general@xml.apache.org

To:   "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>
cc:    (bcc: Donald Leslie/CAM/Lotus)

Subject:  Xalan !!

There is a samples directory that comes with the Xalan download containing
"SimpleTransform' example.

If I run 'java SimpleTransform.java > out.html' from the example set on
command line
I get a certain output which is proper.

If I try doing the same through my javascript as follows I get a different
output
with lot of <xsl> related tags in the out.html file ..
____________
<script>
function Mytransform(){
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalExecAccess');
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege
('UniversalPropertyWrite')
;
java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().exec('java SimpleTransform > out.html')
}
</script>

I understand that from the commandline, the system installed JVM is used to
interpret
the byte code and the latter case , the browsers JVM is used. What
surprises
me is the
difference in the outputs by running the same API from the same xalan.jar
archive.

any comments/suggestions.

-seetharam