xml-general mailing list archives

From "Simon Tyler" <tylersi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Traversing a DOM by name
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:15:32 GMT

Unfortunately getElementsByTagName returns all the children which may the
name in the sub-tree, not just those that match the name and are immediate
children of the current node. I could use this but it would be doing a lot
of extra work as it would traverse the whole sub-tree looking for elements
that match and I only want to go down 1 level.

Simon