xml-general mailing list archives

From "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.sam...@ssmb.com>
Subject RE: XALAN & TOMCAT
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:01:51 GMT
This came up a while ago. If using Tomcat < 4.0 then put the Xalan classes
in the tomcat.[bat|sh] CLASSPATH def b4 xml.jar

cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Ferguson [mailto:dferguson@coremetrics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 1:05 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: XALAN & TOMCAT

I am getting an error message that I think is due to a class conflict
between XALAN & TOMCAT. I have taken an example that came
with xalan, the servlet example and I am trying to run it in tomcat.
It generates the error.

Any ideas?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:326)
 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:471)
 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:528)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.ja
va:432)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.jav
a:193)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2083)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transformer
Impl.java:1981)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1151)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2811)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)