xml-general mailing list archives

From "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.sam...@ssmb.com>
Subject RE: How to...
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:08:12 GMT
Thanks David and Curt, your responses pointed me in the right direction and
stimulated said neurons :-)  Apols for my mild spamming.

A case of embarassment re the if conditional, I'm actually using Suns
jaxp-1.1ea2. Oh Dear :-) Although it uses apache.org  ( xalan.jar,
crimson.jar ) software I assume that it's fairly old.

thanks again
lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: David_Marston@lotus.com [mailto:David_Marston@lotus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 4:41 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to...

Lyndon Samson wants this not-quite-literal result element:
  <input type='button' name='edit' value='Edit'
onClick="doEdit('<xsl:value-of select="../@id"/>')"/>

This is where xsl:attribute or attribute value templates (AVTs) would be
used.
I'd be inclined to do this:
<xsl:attribute name="onClick"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="concat('doEdit(&apos;',../@id,'&apos;)')" />
</xsl:attribute>
perhaps with some extra whitespace or newlines. I hope that opens the
neural
pathway you've been seeking.

>BTW, the order of the <xsl:if> test seems important too,
>  /it/parms/controls='on' doesn't work.
>  'on'=/it/parms/controls does

We actually have tests for that, so I'm surprised. What version of Xalan
are you using? Does it help to put spaces around the = sign?
.................David Marston