xml-general mailing list archives

From "Simon Tyler" <tylersi...@hotmail.com>
Subject XML Schema Instance
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:47:08 GMT

Hi,

I'm using the Xerces-J 1.2.3 parser with XML Schemas and I want to try to
avoid putting the XMLSchema-Instance in the actual XML file itself.
Currently the start of the XML is like:

<test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
	 xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="InternalReference">

As you can see the actual schema is called "InternalReference" and I'm using
an EntityResolver to provide an InputStream to it. What I now want to do is
replace reference to "http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" in a
simialr manner so that I can avoid having to embed the schema instance in
the XML. This is to make my life easier when we switch over to the new
candidate recommendation or final recommendation in the future.

I hoped there was a similar way of resolving this so I can say something
like:

<test xmlns:xsi="SchemaInstance"
	 xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="InternalReference">

and then resolve SchemaInstance to the approriate refernce. Is this sort of
thing possible in the parser or can I write my schema\xml slightly
differently to avoid it?

Simon