xml-general mailing list archives

From Seetharam Misro <smi...@solidworks.com>
Subject RE: Failed to process style sheet
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:29:05 GMT
When this discussion is on I would like to ask again a question
related to this which I did not get a reply earlier:
___________
I'm using Xalan J1.2.2 and as an applet in Netscape4.7.

I could transform XML(source file) to DOM . But after I make changes
to this DOM object,say by appending childNodes, how do I re-transform to
DOM?
I tried by instantiating XSLTInputSource with the root-XalanNode and passing
it to the
process() API. But it gave an error in
XSLTEngineImpl::getSourceTreeFromInput(inputSrc)  .

Any suggestions?

-seetharam

-----Original Message-----
From: David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com [mailto:David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 8:17 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Failed to process style sheet

Except that he's using Xalan C++, and you're talking about Xalan J.

But that brings up an interesting question.  How are you using expat to do
this?  You'd either have to build a Xerces DOM and wrap it, or wrap Clark's
DOM.  Either way, this is incredibly inefficient.

Why don't you just let Xalan use the Xerces parser to build the appropriate
trees?  That way, the transform will be the most optimal.  Sharing DOM
trees in C++ is next to impossible without lots of wrapper overhead.

Dave

                    Seetharam

                    Misro                To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'"
<general@xml.apache.org>
                    <smisro@solid        cc:     (bcc: David N
Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    works.com>           Subject:     RE: Failed to process
style sheet

                    01/18/2001

                    07:55 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Few things first:
1. You must be using Xalan 1_2_2 .
2. I'm not sure if you can use the DOM object returned by expat
   and pass it to Xalan.What about the DOM representation in both ..are
they
compatible?
3. There is an example in the Samples directory which shows how to use
   Xalan to input a source XML file and get a DOM object. You could use
this.

-seetharam