xml-general mailing list archives

From Seetharam Misro <smi...@solidworks.com>
Subject Xalan !!
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:31:40 GMT
There is a samples directory that comes with the Xalan download containing
"SimpleTransform' example.

If I run 'java SimpleTransform.java > out.html' from the example set on
command line
I get a certain output which is proper.

If I try doing the same through my javascript as follows I get a different
output
with lot of <xsl> related tags in the out.html file ..
____________
<script>
function Mytransform(){
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalExecAccess');
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege('UniversalPropertyWrite')
;
java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().exec('java SimpleTransform > out.html')
}
</script>

I understand that from the commandline, the system installed JVM is used to
interpret
the byte code and the latter case , the browsers JVM is used. What surprises
me is the
difference in the outputs by running the same API from the same xalan.jar
archive.

any comments/suggestions.

-seetharam