xml-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ik...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject RE: AW: Formatting PDF's with Xalan/FOP
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:14:38 GMT
But doesn't FOP or any XSLT processor require both version of Xalan? I have
tried using only Xalan2 and there are still classes in Xalan1 that are
required in Xalan2.

Anthony Ikeda,
Web Application Developer,
Proxima Technology,

Level 13,
181 Miller Street,
North Sydney
Australia


PH: +612-9458-1718
Mob: 041 624 5143


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Donald_Leslie@lotus.com [mailto:Donald_Leslie@lotus.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, 30 January 2001 11:58 PM
> To: general@xml.apache.org
> Subject: Re: AW: Formatting PDF's with Xalan/FOP
> 
> 
> 
> Amit,
> If you take a look at build.xml in xml-xalan/java, you will 
> see a build
> target (print.docs) for converting XML documents into PDF. It 
> works with
> Xalan-Java 2, and I imagine it would work with Xalan-Java 1. 
> You can get
> the latest distribution of Xalan-Java 2 from the xml.apache.org
> distribution tree. Give it a try.
> -- Don Leslie
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "KAPOOR, Amit" <amit.kapoor@ser.de> on 01/30/2001 05:16:56 AM
> 
> Please respond to general@xml.apache.org
> 
> To:   general@xml.apache.org
> cc:    (bcc: Donald Leslie/CAM/Lotus)
> 
> Subject:  AW: Formatting PDF's with Xalan/FOP
> 
> Hello,
>   What Anthony is facing the problem in build.bar, i too had the same
> problem and the exact output what he had.
> i tried FOP 15 version and xalan 1.0.0 version but now fop 
> cannot make its
> own jar file when i run the build.bat.
> 
> Can anyone help, Does FOP really converts XML to PDF??
> I have tried many possibilities but same error. Unknown extension in
> configuration file.
> I tried converting XML to FO with xalan and then FO file to 
> PDF with FOP.
> 
> Can someone suggest on it. Is it that I have to do some 
> setting in conf
> files?
> 
> Thanks and Regards
> Amit Kapoor
> 
> 
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Anthony Ikeda [mailto:anthony.ikeda@proxima-tech.com]
> Gesendet am: Montag, 29. Januar 2001 23:45
> An: Apache XML General (E-mail)
> Betreff: Formatting PDF's with Xalan/FOP
> 
> Okay, I added the driver.setErrorDump(true); to my code an d 
> this is what I
> get:
> 
> org.xml.sax.SAXException (nested exception: 
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> )
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1225)
>         at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Driver.java:298)
>         at
> com.proxima.centauri.taglibrary.xml.pdfTransformer.transformPD
> F(pdfTransform
> 
> er.java:160)
>         at
> _0002fpdfEr_0002ejsppdfEr_jsp_18._jspService
> (_0002fpdfEr_0002ejsppdfEr_jsp_1
> 8.java:97)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
>         at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service
> (JspServlet.ja
> 
> va:177)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet
> .java:318)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
>         at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper
> .java:404)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextM
> anager.java:79
> 
> 7)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processCo
> nnection(HttpC
> 
> onnectionHandler.java:210)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoin
> t.java:416)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPo
> ol.java:498)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:271)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1289)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.callStartElement(XMLPars
> er.java:1922)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XML
> DocumentScanne
> 
> r.java:1831)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatch
> er.dispatch(XM
> 
> LDocumentScanner.java:991)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDo
> cumentScanner.
> 
> java:381)
>         at 
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1208)
>         at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Driver.java:298)
>         at
> com.proxima.centauri.taglibrary.xml.pdfTransformer.transformPD
> F(pdfTransform
> 
> er.java:160)
>         at
> _0002fpdfEr_0002ejsppdfEr_jsp_18._jspService
> (_0002fpdfEr_0002ejsppdfEr_jsp_1
> 8.java:97)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
>         at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service
> (JspServlet.ja
> 
> va:177)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet
> .java:318)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
>         at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper
> .java:404)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextM
> anager.java:79
> 
> 7)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processCo
> nnection(HttpC
> 
> onnectionHandler.java:210)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoin
> t.java:416)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPo
> ol.java:498)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> PDF transform error...org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException
> 
> I've tried removing code from my stylesheet down to the very <fo:root>
> element. I know my xsl works because I get a result in cocoon.
> 
> Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using FOP 0_16_0 and 
> Xalan-J 2 D07.
> 
> Cheers,
> Anthony Ikeda,
> Web Application Developer,
> Proxima Technology,
> 
> Level 13,
> 181 Miller Street,
> North Sydney
> Australia
> 
> 
> PH: +612-9458-1718
> Mob: 041 624 5143
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> In case of troubles, e-mail:     webmaster@xml.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:          general-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@xml.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> In case of troubles, e-mail:     webmaster@xml.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:          general-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@xml.apache.org
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> In case of troubles, e-mail:     webmaster@xml.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:          general-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@xml.apache.org
> 

Mime
View raw message