xml-general mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Kevin" <Kevin_Tay...@pamperedchef.com>
Subject mixed content elements in xhtml
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:19:47 GMT
I need to store both text and xhtml markup tags in an xml element.  I know
you can do this by declaring in the DTD that the element accepts ANY type of
content ( <!ELEMENT mycontent ANY> )or by explicitly listing the types of
content ( <!ELEMENT mycontent (#PCDATA|a|ul|b|em)*> ).

What is happening when using XALAN to transform this data into an xhtml
page, is that the markup is being ignored (doesn't appear in the xhtml
source code.)

I copied the contents of the xhtml DTD, xhtml1-strict.dtd, into my DTD so
that XALAN doesn't throw a parse error.  But it just ignores the xhtml tags.

Help!

--Kevin P. Taylor