xml-general mailing list archives

From "Rathi, Pradeep" <pradeep.ra...@documentum.com>
Subject Triggering startEntity prior to startElement?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:14:59 GMT
Hi,

We're implementing our own handler to handle various events. Our handler
extends org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler and implements
org.xml.sax.ext.LexicalHandler. Specifically we're interested in the methods
startElement() and startEntity(). Given the following example

<cellphone-catalog>
    <model mode.type="Single.Mode&apos;" />
</cellphone-catalog>

We notice that the startEntity event is triggered prior to the startElement
(for the model element). Is this the right behavior? If so, is there a way
to preserve the order of triggering events in the same sequence as seen in
the xml file i.e. in this example startElement followed by startEntity.

On a side note, is there a easier way (such as search) to go through the
archives of the mailing list other than having to browse the entire archive.

Thanks,
Pradeep