xml-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rou...@univ-reunion.fr>
Subject RE: Mandrake Packages availables
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:26:18 GMT
Hello Henry, and thanks for your mail.

Le 2001.01.16 14:00:17 +0400, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> Why reinvent the well, I'll allready do that work
>
> Take a look at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/
I'm aware of your work, and my first attempts were just re-building and
minor adaptations of your rpms.
Reasons of re-doing it again are twice :
- I wanted mandrake-specific packages. I wanted slight integration with
package naming, grouping, dependencies and menu system of my own box. And i
wanted also they could be integrated into officials contributions.
- I wanted pure-open source package, were you sometimes uses binaries
(optional.jar, sun jaxp implementation, in you ant package).

> I take a look at you spec and you install the java stuff in
> /usr/lib/java but Debian recommand installation on /usr/share/java.
Debian recommands /usr/share/data, but FHS says 'Thou shall install data
only in /usr/share' :-)
Java archives seems rather libraries than data. After all, in most
java-related appliction distribution, those are in a libs directory. So the
choice of /usr/lib/java for jars, and /usr/bin for launching scripts.

--
Guillaume Rousse

Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.