xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: how to quickly find an element (by attribute) in a DOM? any hints appeciated
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:27:48 GMT
Actually, it's not an error to declare an element twice. The first declaration wins and the
later one(s) are ignored.  However, in this case it may not give the intended result.

Tom Passin

Richard Toren wrote -
  To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 5:32 AM
  Subject: RE: how to quickly find an element (by attribute) in a DOM? any hints appeciated

  Hello,
     I looked at your DTD with the help of xmlspy and it was brought to my attention that
 you have the <!ELEMENT event ..... > defined twice.  This is probably unintentional,
but definitely is an error.  Secondly, I think that a valid ID must start with an alpha and
that no two nodes share the same id.  Now to your question: