xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sean Kelly" <ke...@ad1440.net>
Subject Re: Xalan & FOP for PDF transformations
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 02:29:20 GMT
> <xsl:output method="pdf"/>
>
> Is this correct or should I be using FOP?

You should be using FOP.  Your output method "xml" in
this case, as FO is represented in XML.  You'll first
use Xalan to transform your input XML into FO XML, and
then FOP to transform FO XML into PDF.

> There doesn't seem to be any code samples that explain
> how to perform the XML->PDF transformations.

For a sample, take a look at my XML resume package.
Given a resume or curricula vita in XML format, it
generates either HTML, or FO followed by PDF versions of
it.  It's at

    http://www.ad1440.net/~kelly/sw/xml-resume/

--k