Hi,
I hope I'm sending this to the right address, if not please forward to the right one.

When I used the jaxp1.1EA  package from java.sun.com I found a great and good looking way to output XML elements as text. Crimson uses XmlWriter & XmlWriterContext for that use.

But, as good as that may be I found the jaxp package to be lacking some support for XSLT which got me to stay with Xerces & Xalan.

I wonder, will the next version of Xerces (which the site says will use the best parts from crimson) use XmlWriter or another way to output XML as text easily?
and if so when is the next version expected ?

I thank you for the time spent on this correspondence,

Asaf Manela
TrulyGlobal Inc.
Unified Communications

http://guest.trulyglobal.com/amanela