xml-general mailing list archives

From Asaf_Man...@vocaltec.com
Subject Xerces and Crimson's XmlWriter
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 17:56:20 GMT
I hope I'm sending this to the right address, if not please forward to the
right one.

When I used the jaxp1.1EA  package from java.sun.com I found a great and
good looking way to output XML elements as text. Crimson uses XmlWriter &
XmlWriterContext for that use.

But, as good as that may be I found the jaxp package to be lacking some
support for XSLT which got me to stay with Xerces & Xalan.

I wonder, will the next version of Xerces (which the site says will use
the best parts from crimson) use XmlWriter or another way to output XML as
text easily?
and if so when is the next version expected ?

I thank you for the time spent on this correspondence,

Asaf Manela
TrulyGlobal Inc.
Unified Communications

View raw message