xml-general mailing list archives

From David_Mars...@lotus.com
Subject Re: <ANN/> Xalan-J 1.2.2. Release posted to xml.apache.org
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:36:46 GMT

Dane Foster writes:
>I thought development on XalanJ v1 was halted and the attention focus
>was shifted to Xalan-J v2?

It's open source, so "halting" development work is a nebulous concept.
Right now, Xalan-J 1.x is slightly more conformant than 2.x. Actually,
2.x doesn't really claim to be in Beta yet. If people devise patches
for 1.x, we may still take the time to incorporate them. I'd think
that 2.x could overtake 1.x in a couple months' time, and then you'd
really see very little talk about 1.x. Others may have a different
view of what will happen.
.................David Marston