xml-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Halchin" <bhalc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Please help with the Xerces C++ DOMParser class
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

  I have the following XML "file":
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ascii'?> <!DOCTYPE arbitrate [<!ELEMENT
arbitrate (#PCDATA)>]> <arbitrate> 1234 </arbitrate>

I am putting it in a MemInputSource object and using the DOMParser
class to parse. If you notice I have an internal DTD. How do I
tell the DOMParser instance that I want my XML "doc/file" to be
validated??? I looked the DOMParser API and saw the
setValidationScheme method. This doesn't seem to cause validation
to be done.

  Another question: assumimg I get the above probelm solved, if the
DOMParser instance encounters a non-valid XML file will it
throw an XMLException or so other kind of exception?? Or to put it
another way, how do I know if validation failed?