xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-J 2.0.0 (alpha) released. the first release of Xerces 2 initiative
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:18:07 GMT
Bob Jamison wrote:

> Since, I am assuming, xerces2+ will be the heir to the xerces1 and crimson
> XML lines, I am anticipating Xerces returning as the Tomcat parser, thus
> providing an all-Apache solution.  Is this correct?

There are 3 parsers: Xerces1, Crimson, and Xerces2.  All three are
Apache parsers.  Of the 3, the plan is to migrate to Xerces2, which is
the newest parser currently under development.

I am not working on Tomcat, but in theory, if Tomcat uses JAXP, then any
parser that implements JAXP will be useable with Tomcat.

-Edwin