xml-general mailing list archives

From Bob Jamison <rjami...@lincom-asg.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xerces-J 2.0.0 (alpha) released. the first release of Xerces 2 initiative
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:41:49 GMT
Eric Ye wrote:

> Xerces-J 2.0.0 (alpha) is the first alpha release in a series of
> ongoing  updates on Xerces 2.

I did not see any obvious indication of what version of JAXP it supports.
Tomcat4 moved to JAXP1.1EA, thus obviating the use of Xerces1.2.x.
Currently a version of crimson is (temporarily, I hope) the XML parser
in Tomcat.
Since, I am assuming, xerces2+ will be the heir to the xerces1 and crimson
XML lines, I am anticipating Xerces returning as the Tomcat parser, thus
providing an all-Apache solution.  Is this correct?  I would gladly be
willing
to contribute toward this effort.

Bob