xml-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <RobertDon...@appleonline.net>
Subject Re: <ANN/> Xalan-J 1.2.2. Release posted to xml.apache.org
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:39:44 GMT

David_Marston@lotus.com wrote:

> It's open source, so "halting" development work is a nebulous concept.
> Right now, Xalan-J 1.x is slightly more conformant than 2.x. Actually,
> 2.x doesn't really claim to be in Beta yet. If people devise patches
> for 1.x, we may still take the time to incorporate them. I'd think
> that 2.x could overtake 1.x in a couple months' time, and then you'd
> really see very little talk about 1.x. Others may have a different
> view of what will happen.

i've got some bugs for the version of xalan 1.2.x I've got.

1. What is the right forum for posting bugs for xalan (of whatever
vintage)?
2. Is there any real point posting bugs for xalan 1.x?
3. Is there any real point posting fixes for bugs for xalan 1.x
(supposing that I get annoyed enough to fix them myself)?

PS. i will be downloading the latest version soon...

thanks
robert