xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Xerces and Crimson's XmlWriter
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:50:33 GMT
Asaf_Manela@vocaltec.com wrote:

> When I used the jaxp1.1EA  package from java.sun.com I found a great
> and good looking way to output XML elements as text. Crimson uses
> XmlWriter & XmlWriterContext for that use.

Those are non-standard parser-specific interfaces.  Unfortunately, there
is no current standard way of writing out XML.  This is being developed
for DOM level 3.

> But, as good as that may be I found the jaxp package to be lacking
> some support for XSLT which got me to stay with Xerces & Xalan.

JAXP 1.1 will include a more functional XSLT interface.  I think this is
implemented in Xalan 2 and is based on TRAX.  A JAXP 1.1 EA2 release
should be out soon which includes the crimson parser and xalan 2.

-Edwin