xml-general mailing list archives

From Mark Shacklette <jmsh...@home.com>
Subject Re: question about embedded data in XML
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:03:43 GMT
And this is I suppose the question, because what happens in the case that THAT
CDATA section itself includes XML, and to really get at it, what if that
enclosed XML itself includes multiple CDATA section.  Which CDATA closure will
operate?  Or am I missing something?

the point is this:  Will Xerces parsers correctly work with something like the
following (pardon if it's not exacly correct, but you get the idea...):

<foo><! [CDATA[<embeddedXML><! [CDATA[hello]]></embeddedXML>]]></foo>

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions.