xml-general mailing list archives

From "Bob Steemson" <Bob.Steem...@northgate-is.com>
Subject RE: Really new, seeking advice.
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:05:14 GMT
Anthony,
I was also pretty new to XML, but decided to use XML for configuration. If
you are working in Java, JDOM (http://www.jdom.org) is a pretty simple way
of parsing your configuration into a tree. Unless your configuration is
huge, I would not worry about the cost of parsing the config, as you can do
it once and keep a handle to any elements that you may need after
initialisation.

Regards,

Bob Steemson
Principal Systems Architect
PDS Health Group,
Northgate Information Solutions
Brunel Road,
Wakefield 41 Industrial Park,
Wrenthorpe,
Wakefield WF8 0XG
UK

Email : bob.steemson@northgate-is.com
Tel   : 01924 877032
VPN   : 7535 7032
Fax   : 01924 828952

The opinions herein are my own and, unless explicitly stated, may not
represent those of Northgate Information Solutions UK Limited, part of
Northgate Information Solutions plc.