xml-general mailing list archives

From "Howard Lee" <howard....@zeborg.com>
Subject RE: Saving XML to DB
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 22:28:27 GMT
Hi Steve,

When you say "map in and out of tables", the tables already exist or these
tables are not specific to any XML? (e.g. genetic schema to store any XML)
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Muench [mailto:Steve.Muench@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:51 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Saving XML to DB

The Oracle XML SQL Utility can do the job.

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml

My "Building Oracle XML Applications" book from O'Reilly
gives lots of examples of how to use it in real world
situations.

It doesn't create the tables for you, but it can
map in and out of tables or richly-structured object views.
BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/