xml-general mailing list archives

From "Richardella, Anthony" <Anthony_Richarde...@sra.com>
Subject RE: crimson enhancements
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:01:19 GMT
Seeing that someone mentioned this: What is the difference between Crimson
and Xerces?

Anthony.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwin Goei [mailto:Edwin.Goei@eng.sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 2:36 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: crimson enhancements

igel@surf-callino.de wrote:

> hi, i added bigger element functionality to the crimson parser,
> acually, where do i send this now?

As far as I know, it was decided recently that crimson will become a top
level project at Apache, but to be deprecated (as will Xerces1) and that
future development be focused on Xerces2, a new parser.  So someone is
supposed to move the repository from /xml-contrib/crimson to a different
location.  I'm generally the person making changes to crimson so you can
post the changes to this list.

-Edwin