xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arn...@hyprotech.com>
Subject RE: C++ class to read an XML doc over a TCP connection?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:57:41 GMT
This discussion might be better on the xerces-c-dev mailing list.    This is off the top of
my head, so you might get more definitive answers on the other mailing list and I can't answer
in more
detail.

The parsers take an InputSource* as an argument.  There are a couple of derived classes from
InputSource in the Xerces project (LocalFileInputSource, MemBufInputSource, URLInputSource,
etc).  You are
free to derive your own class from InputSource that gets the byte stream anyway that you want.

URLInputSource uses classes derived from NetAccessor (I think) for each protocol.  The support
for a specific protocol (such as http:) will vary by platform.  You can add and register,
your own
NetAccessor derived class if you want to add a new protocol.