xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sita P.R.S." <sita_...@adforce.com>
Subject RE: question about embedded data in XML
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 19:56:14 GMT
One way to do this would be to encode the special characters found in XML or
HTML strings that the parser recognizes. You could use "&lt;" and "&gt;"
instead of "<" and ">". The binary string too could be encoded to translate
"<", ">", "(quotes)", "&" and "(space)".

Regards,
sita

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Shacklette [mailto:jmshack@home.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:08 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: question about embedded data in XML

We have a need to embed the following types of information in an XML
document:

strings that themselves contain XML (which we DON'T want parsed)
strings that themselves contain HTML (which we also don't want parsed)
encoded data that may be binary data encoded which could contain ANYTHING
(which we also don't want parsed).

Does anyone have any recommendations on XML best practices to handle the
above
data needs?

If more info is needed, I can provide that.

Thanks.