xml-general mailing list archives

From "Bhamidipati Prasad" <bkpra...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: question about embedded data in XML
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:31:30 GMT

Sita wrote this :
"Thus if you have a CDATA section within a CDATA section, it will not conform
to this spec"

A CDATA section cannot enclose another CDATA section. If your CDATA section has a "]]>"
then the recommended way to deal with this is insert a space between ]] and >, or separate
"]]>" into 2 CDATA sections.

-Prasad

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Shacklette [mailto:jmshack@home.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 6:04 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Cc: tpassin@mitretek.org
Subject: Re: question about embedded data in XML

And this is I suppose the question, because what happens in the case that
THAT
CDATA section itself includes XML, and to really get at it, what if that
enclosed XML itself includes multiple CDATA section.  Which CDATA closure
will
operate?  Or am I missing something?

the point is this:  Will Xerces parsers correctly work with something like
the
following (pardon if it's not exacly correct, but you get the idea...):

<foo><! [CDATA[<embeddedXML><! [CDATA[hello]]></embeddedXML>]]></foo>

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions.