xml-general mailing list archives

From "Kimbro Staken" <ksta...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject Re: NodeIterator vs TreeWalker
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:53:14 GMT
TreeWalker is basically an extension of NodeIterator that allows you to move on additional
axis within a document. NodeIterator just allows you to move forward and back in document
order. If you are just calling nextNode() then in either case you'll get the same result but
TreeWalker allows you to do more if you need it.

Kimbro Staken
Chief Technology Officer
dbXML Group L.L.C.
http://www.dbxmlgroup.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dane Foster
  To: general@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 11:26 AM
  Subject: NodeIterator vs TreeWalker

  Can someone explain to me exactly what the difference is between a NodeIterator and a TreeWalker.
 I have read the W3C's definition of the two so that is not what I'm looking for.  I've even
written test code to see what the results of iterating over an XML fragment with a NodeIterator
compared to a TreeWalker would return.  The returned the same exact results.  For the sake
of clarity I've attached my test code (in java of course) and my XML fragment.

  Dane Foster